The establishment of the Woodstock Improvement District (WID) received Cape Town City Council approval in July 2005
WID's core responsibilities are:
- To supplement and enhance the basic services offered by the City of Cape Town
- To facilitate a cooperative approach between the city and private sector in the provision of municipal services
- To facilitate the upliftment of distressed business and mixed-use areas
- To promote economic growth and sustainable development
- To facilitate investment.
Services rendered: Hosting, training and support of Plone.